1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD: error DVD manager 5 4 common .... unable to open file

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by hlfgrguy, Dec 29, 2004.

1. hlfgrguy

hlfgrguy Member

I am running dvd clone and anydvd softwear and have had no problems with every dvd up to this point.. but one in particular has givin this error.

I have tried to copy it straight to my desktop and also gives an unable to open file error... the dvd will play on my computer though.. what should i do?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there hlfgrguy, Happy New Year,

You might start off by telling us exactly what you're trying to backup - some recent DVD's have had encryption issues -

Pete

3. hlfgrguy

hlfgrguy Member

Happy New Year to you too and thanx for the reply.. its Resident evil apocolypse ... and that is the only one i have ever had a problem with up until this point.. even the special features disc two copies.
    Tim

4. ozy

ozy Regular member

Have you been using dvd decrypter to rip to hard drive? I would give this movie a try but it has'nt been released in Australia as yet.

5. hlfgrguy

hlfgrguy Member

I tried using dvd decrypter, and tried to decrypt all the video files on the original dvd. When doing this it got through about 9 files and then got stuck at one file and couldnt continue.. am i running the program wrong?... i have also tried ripping all the video files to my desktop and then trying to burn it that way, but it wouldnt ripp all the files to do so.
    Thanx for the reply,
    Tim

6. ozy

ozy Regular member

sounds like a faulty movie or maybe scratched.

7. sanderson

sanderson Guest

by chance is the movie resident evil 2 as i have the same problem using the same software

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

hlfgrguy,

If you had searched the forum, even a little bit you would have found the answer to your problem - RE 2 has a new encryption -

2 solutions -

Refer to the post, 6th from the bottom to configure DVD decrypter properly by importing the proper PSL file into it - All of the information to use DVDD is on that page - (right-click attachment to download to your Desktop)

http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?s=89e63571c3a59eb2cfa2d2d930c85a89&showtopic=14891&st=0

OR

Option 2.

Run it through VOBBlanker first the pickup with Shrink and process as usual -

http://www.iespana.es/jsoto/

It's simple to use - Input to input, output to a VIDEO_TS folder -

Cheers,

Pete

9. poncho13

poncho13 Guest

im using clone dvd2 and get an error it reads the movie in 40 minits and the when it wants to burn it says

writing to video dvd was not successfull
    write dvd 10 5

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

poncho13,

I just downloaded CloneDVD2, the newest version, haven't used it yet.

What error is it while reading the DVD ?

OR Do you feel that there is an error because the DVD is read in 40 minutes ? You're not very clear -

What DVD are you ripping ?

What media are you using ?

Pete :p)

11. poncho13

poncho13 Guest

when burning

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Is that the name of the DVD you're ripping OR the name of the media you're using ?

If you are afraid of the keypad I suggest you pratice until you can use it - them come back O
    Is that the name of the DVD hou're ripping OR the name of the media you're using ?

If you are afraid of the keypad I suggest you pratice until you can use it - them come back

OR,

I will give you only one word answers to see if I can make it hard for you -

Let's communicate shall we ?

R I will give only one word answers to see if I can make it hard for you -

Let's communicate shall we ?

13. poncho13

poncho13 Guest

im using clone dvd 2 when tryng to burn i get (writing to video was not successful - write dvd 10 5)

14. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member