Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    I think it's much more than just a fun game, I think when you scan at 2x, the results are more in tune with actual playback, because the Quality test is running as slow as it would be in real world use in any stand alone player. Why read them at 4x or 8x when they never play that fast to begin with? At 2x it takes over 23 minutes to scan a DVD, but I think it shows a more representative result. I think Rob is right!

Best Regards,
    Russ

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

The holder of that MULTI-PASS is a Goddess... :)

ON the scanning and such.... just a SMALL representative of what your disc may or may not play like.. it only reads the information that is there and that's IT... Try scanning a pressed DVD!! I bet you'll cr@p yourself knowing what they scan like... I mean one strait out of the DVD case you just pulled the plastic off of.... ROFL. DOn't even think about scanning a DVD you rented from RedBox.... you'll definitely poop ye panties... :p

I can show you 95 after 95 that play just fine but pixelate to no end.. it's NOT the disc, NOT the reader, NOT the writer.. it was a wonky mobo... South bridge to be more exact IIRC... it's been over 3 years now and I'm still having night mares about it. LOL. A Machspeed mobo with serious issues "transferring" information from ODD to HDD then to ODD again.... The reason the CRC scanning and QC scans meant NOTHING with this situation is because they (the scans) don't read what the mobo is doing only what has been transferred to the disc... hell it was transferring the information ok but it was bad info to start with.. ROFL. Honestly that is the reason that I don't like BENQ ODD's... I know NOT BENQ's fault but the GM got burned for over a month strait trying to figure that cr@p out that he gave up on the dang company... but BigWilly got a good drive in the mix... heck he's even still using it. lol. ;)

Anyway... I'd scan at 4x or 8x for times sake and then only scan at slow speeds if you think you need to post something pretty. :p 4x and 8x are the norm on many sites for this sort of thing anyway. :p :p

@garMOONy... NO riled feathers here but remember as Robert pointed out... the drives scan differently so the difference in scores... the NEC chipset scans similarly to the old BENQ drives while the "actual" Liteon drives scan with the excepted format.... hehehe. :p @ NEC scanners. :p If you really wanna scan correctly with a Liteon drive find a "new" version of K-probe and check it out... great scanning progie if you ask me.. but this is the Nero scan thread... dang OP limited the scanning progie.. JERK.... hehehehe. :p

Anyway... scan if you want to, don't scan if you don't want to... it's all in fun really... I like to see a LOW PIF total and a sub 9.0 Jitter... other than that I'm pretty easy to please. :p SCORE (overall score that is... 98, 95, 93, etc...) is completely dependent on the LARGEST PIF spike... so if you have a spike of 4 and a total of 4 then your score is a 90..... NO getting around it... it's a 90 in Nero scans eyes.. but in mine it's a 99.9.... the lowest total PIF total I've ever seen or had is a 6... I erased mine by ejecting the disc like a DA.... it was before I really knew that would happen... dang ROOKIE move. LOL. ;) Unjust had one too... but NONE of us saved it... it was a beautiful burn/scan!!! :)

Well the Novella is finished.... read and comment... I likes it. :)

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yes, Milla Jovovich is a MEGA babe LOL! One of my more favorite movies is the fifth element. Looks pretty good in HD. Not like the more modern movies, but it tries pretty hard :D
    I scan at 4X because that is what the majority of scanners like myself do. However, in instances like Dual layer dvds, 8X must be used (at least with lite-ons) so that it can scan the second layer. Not sure if momentum has anything to do with it LOL! But it definitely works.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@all

has anyone burned a disc lately (that wasn't a test or something)-something you wanted to keep and had it not play? I haven't. I don't even see pixilation either. Anyone? Give-aways are to let me know-noone has! Not bragging, just think the media and ODD are that good.

Did a Sony today, Boondock Saints 2 (good movie)the drive, 20A1S, when reading, would start and slow down and then speed up again. I'm sure it was the DRMs. AnyDVD had no problem handling them tho. I just watched it. Perfect 100% movie only.

have not scanned it! LOL all's good.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Amazing what a 2X scan will do. LOL Nice scan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

found some old scan in the orginal thread from way back.. some nice ones on some nice drives.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/415515/3179215
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/415515/3194297
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/415515/3048556
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/415515/3051495
    he old man getting in on the action..lol
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/415515/2847606

well after a hour of looking at old post i found it.. Unjust2u's all time low PIF's but the damn link is bad and nothing there.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/415515/2768467

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Can you believe NONE of us right clicked and saved that scan? lol. Supposedly there are 0 PIF scans out there... I think that CDF (MYCE) has a few. :) NOT searching tho... I'm not that insane. lol. :p

@Robert the RED... Hey got to thinking... a reply in OPEN forum is needed since the "old man" moniker was abused!!! Did you get the repairs done on that camera after taking pix of the discs a few posts up?? I know the UGLY mug in the reflection was HURTING my eyes... how bout that camera?? heheheehe. :p

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh you sorry AZZ!!!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!. yea the camera is fixed and ready to click, click.
    just did this one on the 16x+r verbs ther so called newer ones. not to shabby under 8000 PIE's and well so so PIF's

[​IMG]

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

man its nice haven 2 puters up and running im installing COD4 on the Big Red Hemi and working on the big red machine..lol gonna do a burn on that MSI/rebadged litey will post one soon. gonna run one of them premium 8x-r TYs at it.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok just did a burn with the new sata cables installed. i thinks it mad a difference total pie's are back under 9000 that i like. this is a 12x burn then i scanned it at 2 & 4x
    [​IMG]
    2x scan here
    [​IMG]
    4x scan here
    [​IMG]
    pretty close to the same. which is good.

and just playing around i did this @24x. well it was set fr 24x only got up to 20x
    and it only took 4 mins to burn..lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a Falcon +R DL 8X burned at 4X on 7200A 1.06Bt. This 7200A is a burner I haven't used nearly as much. It's actually been sitting for quite some time, waiting for my secondary to be up and running. Now it can burn again LOL! Not bad for the media! Its been burned as an AVCHD disc. So with any luck, much like the Verbatim disc I did, it will play in the living room BD player. Lets see if it likes the Ricoh discs as well.

Looks like there are stutters only a few minutes into the video. And as you can see, there are damn few errors in that area. Not sure yet if thats due to the BD players ability to playback the disc, or if there is some burned problem. I know my lite-ons have never caused that. Perhaps lite-on is a wiser choice for these discs. I respect Optiarc, but lite-on has the learning capabilities :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7 I would "L@@K" at your HDD file and see if it stutters at the same points that the disc does?? With the looks of that scan I"m betting on an encoding issue over a burning issue. :) JM2ยข

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice scan of a "early" edition DVD. :D

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    I hate to say this, but your scan looks shopped! The 9 isn't lined up with the other numbers in the column, and the 4th spike is at least double wide and indicates a higher number total than 9! Still a good scan, but I'm just not believing 9 PIFs! LOL!! You having some fun with us Rob?

Best Regards,
    Russ

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

that is the 1954 version of shutter island. how am i gonna get a movie that has just been put out in the theaters??? hmmmm?

well i was wondering how long it would take someone to accuse me of that...lol i know my post go over looked alot thats why i reposted it. as myself i find it hard to believe some scans that are posted as well.

as for the score your right overall it was a 29 total pif's around the 2.5 mark there was a few more spikes up to 1. i just removed them along with the 2 in front of the 9. it is that easy to do. gotta prove the point there is more than one person that can alter their scans..lmao..

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

No Gm. The encode went really well. In fact, neither the iHES108 BD reader, nor the encoder Ripbot have screwed up yet :p

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    Just staying on my toes! I figured it for a 27! LOL!! At least my powers of observation still work! ROFLMSOAO!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Here's a fun burn I just did for my daughter. It's a burn of a backup on the fly with NeroExpress set for 24X with the wife, I believe, logging onto internet about the big spike time. I scanned thru quickly and it played.

[​IMG]

Edit: BTW have any of you noticed that AnyDVD is keeping the CSS it finds for the movies you do. Mine are all listed in that window. Wonder if it phones home?